In the largest ever compilation of angiosperm DNA amounts, C-values for 2221 species from 152 original references (including 1860 species not previously collated), are listed by Bennett and Leitch. These data contain both the smallest and largest genome sizes so far reported for any angiosperm, which vary in C-values by over 2300-fold. Current progress in extending genome size measurements across species is reviewed.
- Plant Records: When Land Doesn’t Mean Land… by Nigel Chaffey
- Plant Records: An ever increasing pot of gold by Editor Pat Heslop-Harrison
- Plant Records: Don’t judge ryegrass by its looks by Susanne Barth
- Plant Records: The Plant that Fooled Millions by Anne Osterrieder
- Alarming role for druse* crystals by Nigel Chaffey