The evidence presented here suggests non-symbiotic hemoglobins affect hormone responses by scavenging NO. Auxin, jasmonic acid, salicylic acid, ethylene and abscisic acid have altered responses when hemoglobins are expressed. Non-symbiotic hemoglobin is a factor during plant development, biotic and abiotic stress.
About the author
- Plant Records: When Land Doesn’t Mean Land… by Nigel Chaffey
- Plant Records: An ever increasing pot of gold by Editor Pat Heslop-Harrison
- Plant Records: Don’t judge ryegrass by its looks by Susanne Barth
- Plant Records: The Plant that Fooled Millions by Anne Osterrieder
- Alarming role for druse* crystals by Nigel Chaffey